February 27, 2014

An Open Kitchen

Well...hello there. It's been a while. I'm clearly not naturally gifted at regular home updating and blogging.

In January, the carpenter took out the upper cabinets that separated the den from the kitchen

Here's some pictures of the kitchen before and during construction.



He rebuilt the cabinet on the end so we could still use that as storage.


And then the finished product:


Now, next thing that we need to do is paint the cabinets and the kitchen. That's going to be quite a task...and I think we'll wait until the spring to paint allllll those doors (29 of them). I also need to decide what route I'm going to go.

I'm thinking of two different options. My first idea was to paint the upper cabinets the same color as the den (the cream seen on the paneling in the last picture) and then to paint the lower cabinets a dark navy-ish gray. Something like these:



The other option is to just go all-white, painting all the cabinets the same color as the den walls. Any opinions?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The openness looks so good. I like the navy on the bottom and white on the top best (picture #3), My second choice would be the gray and white (picture #1)

    ReplyDelete