September 13, 2014

Making the Den pretty, part 1

So....some things have happened on the home renovation/decor front, primarily in the den. I've started a list of things I've done since March.

Let me attempt to go in order:

1. We were gifted some chairs from a family member. They are kind of an orangey, muted coral. They swivel and rock and are just small enough to fit in the space. Most armchairs would be too big to fit in the space. So they fit perfectly and were free. FANTASTIC. Also, I had just happened to buy these pillows and they had some orange in them, so they connect the chairs to the rest of the color scheme nicely.

2. I rearranged the den several times trying to find the best configuration with the new chairs. I ended up with pretty much the same layout, but at least I now KNOW the other options wouldn't work. In the first pictures, you can see that I tried to move the table from behind the shorter sofa, but that just didn't work very well.








3. THE SOFAs GOT RECOVERED. After endless posts about this, I think I'll just let the photos do the talking. They look way more intense blue in these photos than in real life. They are more of a navy, but you get the idea.

before:



AND AFTER:





4. Grew my succulent garden

5. I finally got around to painting the back door. I decided to just paint it the same cream color as the rest of the room. Before:

and after (but with all the painters tape still on):


More things have been done in here, but you'll just have to wait for part 2, if I ever get around to writing it (hopefully tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment