September 15, 2014

Making the Den Pretty, part 2

To continue the list from the previous post, here's the remaining list of things we've done to the den in recent months.

6. I had these pillows made by this fantastic Etsy shop. I highly recommend their work. They are so easy to work with and their work is high quality.


7. Then I took a break on doing anything in the den (or the rest of the house, for that matter). Summer is busy and we went on some fun trips. Beach trip:



and the high school mission trip...where were both leaders. From the square dancing night:

a special western selfie.


8. So back to the den. I've been working on a "Wedding Wall" for a while. I started collecting some wedding family wedding photos (still collecting photos from various family members). For about 2 months, the "wall" was more like a "Wedding floor" in our front room:


Even though I haven't collected all the photos yet, I decided to go ahead and frame the ones I had and hang them. Here's the beginnings of the wall:



9. We FINALLY got a ceiling fan installed. This was so so so so necessary, as the sun sets on this side of the house and it really heats up in the afternoon. 



10. To really help with the sun issues (and make the room feel very real), we installed curtains! I got these curtains from West Elm for only $39/panel during an online special, which was a fantastic deal. I was considering a similar fabric that was $20/yard, so it would have been much more to make them myself. I'm sooooo happy to have curtains on the wall. It really changes the feel of the room. I'm loving it. 



I'm gonna try and take nicer pictures to do a "reveal" like all the fancy bloggers do. We'll see how that goes. I've been doing a lot in the kitchen too, since these rooms share space, it makes the most sense to show them together. I'll get working on that. I'll leave you with this lovely furniture arrangement from the first football games of the season. Phil moved our other TV into the den. It lasted like this for a few days...



No comments:

Post a Comment