June 17, 2015

Kitchen Fixtures: Go for the Gold! (or not)

Alright friends, time to share your thoughts on GOLD(brass) or SILVER (nickel/chrome).

First, I'm making plans and pricing out fixtures for parts of the renovation. My first priority is making decisions that would be appealing to the next buyer. My second priority is that I like it. Personally, I like brass/gold leaf fixtures a lot. BUT I know that's not everyone's taste and when it comes time to sell #intownmountainhome, I want it to be appealing to buyers.

Now if I go with brass, I'm not going with the brass you know from the 80s/90s. Think more like antiqued brass or unlaquered brass. Something like these pics:


Nickel finishes have been so popular for years now, so I'm sure all of you have seen a kitchen with these finishes, but just in case you haven't:

If I did brass fixutres, they would most likely be these or something similar:



If I did nickel fixtures, it would most likely be these or something similar:


So, tell me finish style you prefer. Are you loving brass? Do you shudder at the thought of anything resembling gold? What do you think potential homebuyers would like best? Comment below - I'm super interested to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I actually love the brass/gold, but I would hate for your home to lose resale value because someone can't get past mixed metals (brass/gold hardware and fixtures mixed with stainless steel/"silvery" appliances). Either way, I think it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete