June 11, 2013

glitter girl

Sorry for the lack of posts. It's only a reflection of the lack of progress. We had a very busy white tie weekend, which was fun, but exhausting. It was then, rather sadly, followed by some ailments. For your patience with my lack of posting, I will share this picture.


Here we are in our ball attire. That is obviously not in front of our house. It's too lovely.

The ball was at Cheekwood and they have this amazing Bruce Munro exhibit right now. We only saw two of the installations, but we agreed we needed to go back and see it again. I took a picture of the Cheekwood Mansion as we were leaving and one of the installations in front of it.


I wish we could do something like this in our front lawn. It would be one way to solve the hillside landscaping issue. (kidding.....kind of)

I saw this today and I HAD to share, especially for the enjoyment of my parents:

Now, I'm pretty sure this quote was meant to mean something more artsy, but I read it and immediately interpreted it more literally. As a child, I LOVED glitter. In the first grade I asked for glitter glue for Christmas. My grandmother got me packages of glitter instead, and I learned the joy of glitter. My parents often found glitter in the creases of my eyelids. I loved it so much that it might be permanently adhered to this table, which is now in our basement. With that, here is my only house shot for the day:



The glittered table. Isn't our basement flooring lovely?

I'll provide a sofa update and hopefully some painted paneling update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment